If you facing the printer offline error with your Brother printer and are unable to print your photos and documents from it, then you have come to the right page. Today, here in this article, we are going to learn how to fix HL 2270DW offline Windows 10 or the method to change your printer settings from being offline to online or vice versa to get your printer start printing again.
It is not at all difficult to learn this procedure and perform it all by your own. It is extremely easy and can be done comfortably. All you have to take care of is to perform all the steps with proper care. Let’s start learning.
Brother Printer HL 2270DW Offline Windows 10
- Go to the start button of your printer and then click on option called devices and printers.
- Now go to your Brother printer option and right click on it. Now click on the See what’s printing option shown on your computer screen.
- Go to the top of the window to click on the printer option. Once done, search for the check mark given next to the printer offline option. If it’s clicked, then remove this check mark and now your printer will start printing again.
- In case, if your Brother printer is still not working, then turn off your printer and remove all the USB cables attached between the printer & the computer.
- Restart your printer after a couple of minutes.
There is also a possibility that you’re a duplicate copy of your Brother printer is already present with the same name in devices and printers. This is done when you introduce the same printer driver multiple times.
This can lead to making the duplicates of the printer not working properly. In such a case, it is recommended to choose one of the duplicate names in devices and printers that you know is working fine instead of looking for the original one.
When Brother Printer is Offline but Shows Online?
With Brother printer users using it with windows have reported issues where their printer shows offline message even when the printer is completely operational, working fine & is well connected. This is the one of the most common errors with network printers. The above mentioned technical quick guideline can help you resolve this issue of printer offline error. All you have to do is:
- Right click on the start menu of your windows 10 computer system.
- A small window will pop-up and you have to click on the devices & printers.
- A new tab will open, where you have to follow the following steps: control panel> hardware and sound> devices and printers.
- From this screen go to the printer model.
- Now right click on the printer and then click on the see what is printing.
- Here you can check the reason why your Brother printer is offline and can make changes in the settings or reset the printer and can change the default settings from offline to online.